BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We Used To Be Friends

Hello. Today, I was listening to the song "We Used To Be Friends" by The Dandy Warhols, and it like slapped me in the face with flashbacks. As I sat there listening to this awesome song, I thought of all the people that I used to friends with, and am now not for some reason or another.

For some of them, it's because they simply replaced me. I've forgiven them and moved on. For some of them, it's because we simply drifted apart and now don't talk much. For some, it's because of one of us moving out of city/state. But how and why I am no longer friends with these unnamed people is irrelevant to this post (actually, it's irrelevant to pretty much everything/everyone). The relevant part is that I realized just how much God has blessed me.

A. He has given me HIMSELF. He gave His only begotten son, so that I will be able to spend eternity with Him in heaven. He gave me His Word, the Bible, as instruction for how to live and what to do.
B. He has given me a family that loves me no matter what, and even if I don't agree with them on some things, or if I get annoyed as freaking crap at them, I know that they'll always be there for me.
3. He has given me the best friend in the world, that I always know I can talk to about anything, and that is a constant example of how to live like Christ, especially through suffering.
D. He has given me a home in America, the greatest country on earth, and has provided for everything I've ever needed. EVER. That is such a mind-blowing statement. To think that God, the Creator of the entire freaking UNIVERSE, cares about me and provides for me personally. He knows that I'm a sinner. He knows that I am, as Isaiah said, "A man of unclean lips, among a people of unclean lips."

So after all that, how can I be ungrateful? I don't understand myself. I'm completely positive that YOU don't understand me either. It's incredible to think that God knows me better than I know myself... But it's true. Of that, I will never be convinced otherwise. But knowing this is also upsetting to me because I realize how much I take for granted. I can talk to my Creator, whenever I want, but I barely ever do, and when I do, it's never long. Why is that? Is it because I don't appreciate what He has given for me? I hope not. Is it because I don't understand something? I almost hope so, but that is because I am selfish and would like to think that I am not the one on whom the blame lies. Is it because I'm simply too busy? That is bull; if the God of the universe has time, I sure as heck do. So why don't I take advantage of everything He has given me?

If you're expecting me to answer that question on this blog post, I am afraid you will be disappointed. I do not know the answer. So I will do what I should be doing a lot more of, asking God for the answers.

Why don't you tell us about those rabbits, George...

0 comments: