BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Perfection is my direction..."

Hello. I started this blog post with literally no idea of what I was going to say. I will probably end it with the same feeling. But between the ends, I will try to make this post somewhat relevant. Maybe I'll succeed, maybe I won't. The answer lies in my mind and fingers (if ever your only hope lies in either of those things, you have been forewarned that you are probably screwed).


I'll start with this, because it's the easiest thing to talk about. I heard a song by Plumb the other day, and I really liked it. I heard it on Becca's blog (if you know Becca or read her blog). The song was titled "Cut". At first, I was kinda worried that she had suddenly developed an obsession with really depressing music (the first verse isn't exactly a ray of sunshine). As I listened, though, I heard a message among the awesome sounding music and incredible lyrics. As it turns out, Plumb is a Christian artist that God has blessed with the talent and ability to get things out there that, otherwise, would never be heard (by lots of people). Her music is intriguing in and of itself, but the message of the lyrics is what caught my ear (pretty sure I just invented a phrase). The song addresses a very fragile subject that most musicians shy away from: self-destruction. The chorus says:

"I do not want to be afraid.
I do not want to die inside just to breathe in.
I'm tired of feeling so numb.
Relief exists, I find it when I am cut."

After this, it gives a message of love that is offered by God, our Heavenly Father, and the grace He can give to save even those who are in the midst of something so awful as this. That God can reach through any pain, addiction, and trouble. Plumb has a way of saying it that blows anything I could say on the subject completely out of the water. Also, this song had a special meaning to me, due to things that friends of mine have went through. It's incredibly hard to encourage someone and be there for them, when you have no idea what it's like to feel what they're feeling. I'm glad that there's music out there to contradict the emo lyrics that, when listened to by people feeling what the songs describe, only serve to drag them deeper. We need more artists like Plumb, who can offer hope through music to those that are suffering.

I don't feel like talking about anything else; that was much more than I was planning on saying. If it doesn't make sense at parts, forgive me. I'm not going to go back and check to make sure it does, because I'm trying to get my dad to take me to Target so I can get Kingdom Hearts. :D I'm so excited about it. I'll end this post with this: I'm frickin excited about Feb. 14 this year. Why? AVA's new album, "Love", comes out that day. I LOVE AVA. I've been a fan of theirs since the beginning. Their last two CD's were amazing, and this one is sure to be as well.

And that's all I got for now. I'll end with the usual,

Why don't you tell us about those rabbits, George...

0 comments: